Northwest Wine

503.206.8589 Sign In | Your Account cart

Search:
1

Alloro
Wines and Winery Info

Alloro Pinot noir "Fattoria" 09

Review:

Aromas include cherries and raspberries mixed with dried tea leaves. The winemaker says "Broad, soft silky tannins with moderate persistence, structured acidity, full body, complex profile and a lingering finish with cherries and dried leaves."

Previous Vintage Tasting Notes

At $20, the 2008 Fattoria wine gives meaning to the wine term "generous." Succulent black and red cherries on the nose with hints of smoke. Juicy pie cherries and raspberries pick up a blackberry base note, along with shades of mint and thyme towards the finish. The Fattoria has amazing ripeness considering it is only 12.5% alcohol.

2006 Vintage Tasting Notes

Fresh and juicy, the 06 Fattoria has a pretty core of cherry and raspberry fruit, with a smooth and silky body. Each year, winemaker Don Kautzner, who made wine at Adelsheim for many years, takes "dibs and dabs of this and that" not used in his Estate Pinot noir to blend a beautiful bargain Pinot.

All Estate fruit, the 2006 wine is 85% Pinot noir 666 clone, the other 15% being "dibs and dabs" of different Pinot noir clones. The wine is aged in 1-6 year old French oak barrels. Don described the wine as "quite full bodied for the price" and we agree. Sweet red raspberry and cherry mix with cinnamon stick and a hint of cherry hard candy and soft buttery toast. Tannins are completely integrated and unnoticeable, and the uplift in the finish comes from juicy, well managed acidity. Just a delightful drink for the price. less than 200 cases made, sold only in a few locations in Oregon and nowhere out of state.

2005 Vintage Tasting Notes

There's intriguing hints of bacon smoke and cedar in the nose, and bright, red cherry and red raspberry flavors dancing on the palate with just the right amount of acidity. This is SUCH a pleasant wine - hints of spice in the finish, sometimes I think that the red fruit-type Pinots are too acidic or astringent, but not here. There's a wonderful balance between the bright red fruit flavors and a soft plushness that makes the finish easy and enjoyable. Highly recommended.

A drink-me-now, red fruit flavored, Pinot for everyday, with a country Italian twist. 52% Sunnyside Vineyard fruit, 48% Alloro Estate. Everyone who's tasted this one wants some, at this price.

 

Retail $19.95

$17.95 in any 12 bottle order

Qty.

Avalon Wine on Facebook Avalon Wine on Twitter Avalon Wine on g+

Northwest-wine 25th anniversary

 

Build A Case