Avalon WineAvalon Wine Email Newsletter
"One of the Ten Best
Online Wine Shops"
Food & Wine Magazine

Signup to Receive these Email Newsletters
Read an expanded version of the email online

Evesham Wood
Unforgettable Pinot noir
Perfection

Long after the bottle is gone, the wine finished, and months have passed, Evesham Wood Pinot noir is unforgettable

 

Evesham Wood Pinot noirs

Russ Raney, owner and winemaker at Evesham Wood, is an Oregon treasure. He's an unassuming, kind fellow, and a lot of wine lovers in Oregon think he's something of a genius when it comes to wine. He has always priced his wines fairly, avoided publicity, and quietly gained a cult status. Almost thirty years since he and his family moved to Salem, Oregon, he continues to make great wines, reflecting his interest in terroir and his inspiration, the wines of France.

 

The wines of Evesham Wood epitomize the elegance and refinement of Oregon's best Pinots. Russ's main sources of inspiration and advice have come from two of Burgundy's top small producers: the legendary Henri Jayer (Vosne-Romanee), and Michel Niellon (Chassagne-Montrachet).

Evesham Wood
La Grive Bleue

Made from Evesham Wood's organically farmed estate vineyard, the 07 La Grive Bleue is filled with forest scents, brambly raspberries, dried herbs, and cinnamon. Elegantly styled, it's a perfect Pinot noir to have with food. For fans of subtle, graceful wines, this is an outstanding value.

 

Evesham Wood
Chardonnay "Le Puit Sec"

Russ describes the wine: "This is our lone barrel-fermented Chardonnay each year, being a blend of Dijon clones 76, 95 & 96. The 2007 edition is somewhat counterintuitive in that it is more concentrated than the 2006 rendition, yet still with its characteristic crisp and flinty notes. The basic flavor profile is what one would expect from our Estate site, with tones of ripe pear and hazelnut, and a nice texture from long lees contact and 18 months of barrel age. Bottled unfiltered. Only 115 cases produced."

 

Avalon WineEvesham Wood
Cuvee "J"
Pinot noir


LEGENDARY -
One of Oregon's
Most Collectible Wines

 

"A subtle and very deft touch of wood frames ripe, rich aromas that are similar to those of the Puits Sec, with perhaps a more evident hint of earth. The nose is picked up in the wine, complemented by the rich, full and delicious medium weight - plus flavors that are slightly more concentrated and certainly more powerful, all wrapped in a long and layered finish that both coats the mouth and stains the palate. Lovely and recommended." - Burghound

 

Russ describes the wine: "The 2006 Cuvee J barrel selection was sourced exclusively from Le Puits Sec, with the fruit coming 100% from the older Pommard section of the Estate vineyard. It displays the vineyard's typical flavor profile, yet with slightly darker fruit tones and more viscosity (thus somewhat longer finish) than its counterpart, Le Puits Sec."

 

Evesham Wood
Eola Amity
Pinot noir

 

The palate is surprisingly broad and round - an elegant and silky rendition of Evesham's pinot noir that one need not wait to enjoy. There is a bright cherry and strawberry component to this wine. Highly recommended, one of the best $20 Pinot noirs anywhere.

 

Russ describes the wine: "most of this wine is from Temperance Hill Vineyard in the south-central part of the hills, comprising 65% of the blend. The remaining 35% is made from grapes grown at Bryn Mawr Vineyard, just a stone's throw from Temperance Hill. This wine exhibits a slightly "cedary" component to the wine with overtones of black currant."


We're available by phone at 541-752-7418
from 8 AM Pacific time until 6 PM Pacific time,
Monday through Friday, and we answer email
on Saturdays and Sundays

Marcus, Jean, Julianna, and Wendy
541-752-7418

Avalon Wine Avalon Wine
201 SW 2nd Street
Corvallis OR 97333
541-752-7418
www.northwest-wine.com
store@northwest-wine.com

Marcus Looze
VP Marketing & Sales
marcus@northwest-wine.com
541-752-7418

Julianna Betjemann
Customer Service Manager
julianna@northwest-wine.com
541-752-7418

Wendy Brown
Bookkeeper
& Gourmet Sales
wendy@northwest-wine.com
541-752-7418

Jean Yates
President
jean@northwest-wine.com
541-424-8004 (direct line)

If you wouldn't mind, to ensure that you continue to receive emails from us, add avalon@northwest-wine.com to your email program's "approved senders" or "whitelist" list today.